Planning Holiday Schedules With Your Nanny
Planning Holiday Schedules With Your Nanny: What you need to consider ahead
Hi everyone! Welcome to a new Kiidu Podcast! The holiday season is fast approaching. Everyone will be very busy again with holiday parties and travels.
If you are a family with kids and a nanny, managing your schedule around all the hustle and bustle during this season can be a bit tricky. But with advanced planning, you can make it work. There are things that you need to consider when planning holiday schedules with your nanny. We've outlined here the most important ones.
1. Find out what your nanny feels about holiday celebrations First off, it's important to consider the customs or religious beliefs of your nanny about the holidays. If she has a different belief, ask her how comfortable she is to help with your holiday plans. This is very important so that you can both set the right expectations and avoid awkward situations in the future. Remember to stay professional and understand that your nanny's traditions and practices may be different from yours.
2. Make a list of the kind of help you need from your nanny during the holiday season. If your nanny is happy to help with your holiday activities, your next step is to list down the activities or tasks that require your nanny's help. Yes, we suggest creating a list to ensure that you got everything covered.
3. Schedule a time to discuss with your nanny your holiday plans and your needed help. So you already made a list of your needed help as well as your holiday schedules. Before the holiday season kicks in, make sure to communicate with your nanny the items on your list.
4. Create a holiday season calendar that is accessible to your family and your nanny Having a physical calendar is a great idea especially if you have so much going on in the coming holidays and you want everyone in your household including your nanny to be on the same page.
5. Don't forget about holiday time-off, pay and gifts Holiday time off and pay should already be included in your contract as this is also required by law. Your nanny should already be aware of these. Having a reliable nanny who can help you during the busy holiday season can make your celebrations more fun and stress-free. This time of year is hectic for many families, with all the holiday tasks that need doing.
You may have heard about hiring a nanny or maid to help out but aren't sure who you should go with?
We at Kiidu know how important this decision can be so let us make your search easier by matching up perfectly suited candidates!
Connect with us today!